Friday, June 5, 2009

Experience This!


No news on my weight-loss. I'm following the diet, but struggling with drinking all of my water.

Bobby and I've been struggling to deal with something that happened a long time ago, so stress may reduce my loss this week, but we'll see.

In an attempt to deal with my slightly depressive state, I've been working on my Summer 2009 Soundtrack. Songs always take me back to the time and experiences that I had while listening to them. I mean, if I hear a song that I used to listen to in 1995, such as Creep by Radio Head, I remember some intimate moments that took place in Bobby's Ford Ranger on the way to Camp Sacramento, which is where we both worked in the summer of 1995

Songs also can change your mood. For this reason, I frequently try to focus my music collection on upbeat, happy songs. I always throw in a few angst and vocal songs for good measure.

So, as I've gone through my music lists, I remembered 2 things: 1. Lauryn Hill's Miseducation of Lauryn Hill remains one of the best albums of all time. 2. Pink Floyd's album, Dark Side of the Moon, was expertly adapted into a laser light show at the planetarium at DeAnza College in Cupertino.

Today's blog comes with this message: You've got to go see Dark Side of the Moon at the Laser Light Show. It is worth the drive or flight. Even if you don't care for this album, it is perfect for creating the whole experience with the lasers. This experience will always rate as one of the highlights of my life.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment