Saturday, May 23, 2009

Plan for Desolation


I'm officially back on track with my health plan. I've been only eating my Subway, but it's taken a few days for me to work back up to my 67 oz of water. I figured out that my water filter in the fridge had a few things in it - grass, etc. that was making the water taste bad, so Bobby put in a new filter and I'm doing great.

Bobby is officially a Smith, because now he's swimming like a fish. He's doing flips, laps, the whole bit. We even bought him his own goggles. I couldn't be happier.

In fact, I'm experiencing true bliss. I'm not filling every corner of my mind, and every second of my time working on my Master's project, so I'm free to just be happy... and I am. Maybe it's because I feel lighter. I don't officially know if I've lost any weight, but I'll weigh myself tomorrow and then we'll all know.

Part of my healthy lifestyle includes incorporating fun, healthy activities into my life. So, I'm planning a short back packing trip. I've been talking about it for a while, but now I'm really going for it. We've already invited Tina & Cory (our niece & her boyfriend) and we have people in mind for our other 2 slots.

We'll go to a special spot, just outside of Desolation Wilderness, which is in Northern California. Bobby and I went on our first backpacking trip here, and it will be the first backpacking trip for each of our 4 companions, so it should be perfect. I might even see if my little brother, Matthew can come. We'll all be sharing a tent and meals and I hope we'll even do some solo time in the wilderness. I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment